10 Minute HIIT workouts you can do at home each day
-Jan 21, Hannah Hargrave , Fitness -
A lack of time needn’t stop you from getting a decent daily workout! Lumity consulted several top fitness trainers to help create these fast and effective 10-minute HIIT workouts you can do from home.
For many, the thought of trying to squeeze in exercise on a daily basis simply seems impossible. But you don’t have to carve out an hour or two to work up a sweat and make a real difference to your mind and body. With these HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training – sessions you can use to supercharge your fitness regime without even leaving your house.
At just 10 minutes each you could do one, two or three one after the other or even spread them out throughout the day when you have a few minutes spare.
Whether you are a beginner or a fitness fan, you can make these routines work for you. Go low impact or slow the routine down if you’re just starting out, or pack in a few extra reps if you’re confident with pushing yourself.
Remember to warm up for a few minutes before each session and consult a doctor first if you’re concerned about starting a new fitness regime.
Related: The ultimate age-defying workout
10 Minute HIIT Workout 1
This is three blocks of exercise you can do four times over. The first is for 90 seconds on each, the second for 75 seconds, the third for 60 seconds and the fourth for 30 seconds.
There will be time to rest between each exercise.
1. Squat, or a squat and knee lift or a squat jump
2. March on the spot, jog on the spot or run with high knees
3. Jumping jacks or side to side reaches
4. Crossing drop squat (this can be stepped for low impact)
5. Butt kicks (jogged or stepped)
6. Cross squat and reach or jump
7. High plank and jumping your legs out and in or stepping them out and in
8. Standing cross punch
10-Minute Simple HIIT Workout 2
Do each exercise for 60 seconds and then repeat the whole sequence again.
1. Push ups (do these from the knees if a full press up is too much)
2. Squat jump (you can remove the jump for lower impact)
3. Jumping jacks
4. Mountain climbers
5. Full plank with alternating shoulder taps (do from the knees if you’re a beginner)
10 Minute Boxing HIIT Workout 3
This is a cardio, low impact workout that can be repeated 1, 2 or 3 times. It’s a 60 seconds blast on 10 different exercises so no time for recovery between – unless of course you need it.
1. Jogging, bouncing or marching on the spot
2. Speed bag – arms up high and pretending to punch a speed bag
3. 4 Alternating front kicks, 4 jumping jacks
4. 8 punches across the body to the right, then 8 punches across the body to the left (you can bounce at the same time)
5. 4 jumps with pretend skipping rope, punch once to either side and repeat
6. Karate kick to the side (30 seconds one side and then switch to the other)
7. Alternating punches to the ceiling
8. Squat and then front kick (alternating legs)
9. Alternating back kicks
10. Fast forward punches
10 Minute HIIT Workout 4
This is another 10 exercises for 60 seconds each and should really get you sweating.
1. Mountain climbers
2. High knee lifts
3. Alternating lunges (with or without a jump)
4. Jumping jacks
6. Push ups
7. Squat pulses
8. Bicycle crunches
9. Burpees (with or without a jump)
10. Fast steps on the spot with arms in the air