5-minute meal: Pan-seared crispy salmon with balsamic tomatoes and quinoa
-Sep 21, Hannah Hargrave, Nutrition -
If you’re using lack of time as an excuse for not cooking a healthy, fresh and nutritious dinner then we’ve put together a delicious recipe that will take you just a few minutes.
It’s understandable to think there simply isn’t enough time to slice, dice, sauté or steam your way to a home cooked meal in the evening, but perusing a takeaway menu actually takes longer than cooking up this entire omega 3 packed, protein rich dinner.
How to make a meal for two in just 5 minutes
2 salmon fillets with skin on
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup grape tomatoes
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
small bunch of basil fresh basil
salt and pepper
steamed vegetables of your choice
1. Prepare the salmon to get crispy skin by rubbing the skin with a little salt to draw out the moisture and blot with a paper towel.
2. Rub a small amount of oil on the skin and season the salmon.
3. Heat the pan to medium-high heat and add oil.
4. Once the pan is hot place the salmon skin side down and sear.
5. Reheat the cooked quinoa.
6. When salmon is opaque half way through flip it and cook the other side.
7. Add the tomatoes for a quick blast in the pan with the salmon.
7. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and place on the plate.
8. Top with salmon leaving the tomatoes in the pan.
9. Pour the balsamic vinegar into the still hot pan with the tomatoes and reduce over medium heat.
10. Pour over the dish and top with some fresh basil leaves.
11. Serve with some steamed vegetables of your choice if desired.