5 minute meals: Anti-inflammatory tacos you can eat at any time of day
-Jan 27, Hannah Hargrave, Nutrition -
You can fight inflammation AND tantalise your taste buds with this delicious, fast and seriously good for you taco recipe.
Tacos don’t have to be reserved for dinner, especially when they are this good for you! If you’re eager to serve yourself up with some delicious, Mexican based fare that packs a punch in the anti-inflammatory department, you may want to try these out for a size.
Loaded with anti-inflammatory goodies including omega-3 fatty salmon, avocado and red cabbage, these tacos are a far cry from the type of tacos which can leave you in a sweat.
Grill the salmon the night before and you can whip them up with chilled fish in no time at all.
Ingredients for 4-6 tacos
2 salmon fillets
1 butter lettuce
3 cups of shredded red cabbage
sliced jalapeno peppers
Salt and pepper to season
For the Avocado sauce:
1 large avocado
1/3 cup sour cream
1 clove of garlic
lemon juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
For the avocado sauce:
Blend all the ingredients in blender until smooth.
For the tacos:
1. If you’re salmon was prepared already, then take it out of the fridge. If not you can place your salmon under a medium grill and cook for 5 minutes or until flaky.
2. Combine your cabbage in a bowl with the juice from the lime.
3. Rinse the butter lettuce and peel off several leaves
4. Break apart the salmon fillets and place inside the lettuce wraps with the cabbage. Season well.
5. Drizzle on the avocado sauce and top with a couple of pieces of sliced jalapeños.
This recipe is so versatile you can easily add even more goodness with a homemade tomato salsa, some mango or more veg. For a more hearty meal try serving them on wholewheat wraps or tortillas.
There are a whole host of anti-inflammatory foods which can keep your body functioning at it’s peak. Lumity created an anti-inflammatory pyramid to showcase the foods to invite and the foods to avoid.