How to apply eye cream the right way
-Feb 6, Hannah Hargrave, Beauty -
The right eye cream can reduce puffiness, firm skin and smooth out wrinkles but the way you apply it plays a big part in whether you get the results you were hoping for.
You’ve done your research to discover which eye cream will work best for your skin but have you learned the subtle art of applying it properly?
Just as we love how A-list facialist Nichola Joss suggests massaging Lumity Skin Nutrients Facial Oil into your skin to reap its benefits, there are some top tips to getting the most out of your eye cream too.
Why is eye cream important?
Having a great all over moisturiser isn’t enough to take care of the sensitive skin around the eyes. There’s a reason there are specific creams made for this area of your face. They contain different active ingredients to assist the skin in different ways. Because the skin around the eyes is delicate too the potency of a cream you use all over your face may be too much for your crows feet or under eye bags as well.
What should an eye cream do for your skin?
The skin around your eyes is one of the first places to show the early signs of ageing. It’s also fragile and subject to lots of movement so it’s no wonder it can get crinkled quickly.
Genes, lack of sleep and of course age also play a large part in how your eyes look but when you’re looking for an eye cream there are a few key things you’ll want it to do. These include but aren’t limited to boosting collagen, removing under eye bags, reducing puffiness, reducing fine lines and firming up skin.
How to apply eye cream
Unfortunately it’s not enough to just slather on the cream, rub it in and go. You need a softer, more delicate approach when it comes to applying eye cream. Here’s how we suggest you do it.
1. Don’t go over the top with the amount of product you use. More cream doesn’t mean better results. A pea-sized amount per eye should be plenty.
2. Apply the cream to your ring finger. It’s the weakest of your digits so you are less likely to be heavy handed.
3. Gently dot the cream all around your eyes (not too close though), including underneath your eyebrows.
4. Pat the cream very gently until it’s almost all absorbed.
5. Leave it for 30 seconds or until it’s fully absorbed.
6. Apply your Lumity Skin Nutrients Facial Oil and SPF to the rest of your face and you’re ready for your make-up.
If you found this article interesting you might also like to read the top five ways to help you skin from prematurely ageing and the benefits of adding cider vinegar to your beauty routine.