How to build a consistent wellness routine that truly gets results into your day
-Feb 7, Hannah Hargrave, Health -
Don’t let being busy stop you from taking care of yourself. You can build a wellness routine to fit in with your hectic lifestyle and it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Lack of time is all-too-often the reason for people not look after themselves. Perhaps you believe your work hours won’t allow you the time to workout or your day starts so early that you think a quality morning skincare regime simply isn’t an option.
But with a little organisation, the right products and some guidance from Lumity you can build a simple, but seriously effective wellness routine into your day and start seeing the benefits right away.
A bathroom cabinet packed with products is a daunting prospect, especially when you want to get up and out first thing in the morning looking fresh faced, but in the shortest amount of time possible.
But if you choose products which are multi-purpose and know how to get the job done, you can save time but know you’re still looking after yourself.
For a simplified, five-minute skincare regime, which can work for men and women try this:
1. Cleanse – cleansing your skin is one of the most important steps in a skincare regime. So morning and night take a few minutes to use Lumity’s 4-in-1 Cleanser. It’s gentle exfoliation will get rid of dry skin and since it cleanses, removes makeup and can act as a face mask, you’re getting a lot for your money.
Plus if you wear makeup, this is a perfect way to prime your skin for it’s application or remove it at the end of the day.
2. Moisturise – with skin still damp from your cleanser, massage a little of Lumity’s Skin Nutrients Facial Oil into your skin. You can invigorate and liven up the skin using A-list facialist Nichola Joss’ facial massage. Since the oil is so nourishing you don’t even need to reach for a moisturising cream as well.
Physical activity is so important to good health and yet it becomes a stumbling block in so many people’s lives. 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week is recommended to keep your heart healthy and to improve your overall wellbeing. That’s just 21 minutes and 40 seconds a day.
So how can you realistically make this happen, when you feel your schedule is jam-packed as it is?
1. Get up 20 minutes earlier – you may think those extra minutes are better spent in bed but it’s almost guaranteed that once you get up and get moving you won’t regret it. Squeeze in an at home workout, go for a brisk walk or pack in a little stretching and start your day knowing you’ve at least done some exercise.
2. Break it up – if the thought of stealing 20-30 minutes away from your desk or daily routine leaves you breaking out in a cold sweat then break it up.
You don’t have to exercise all in one go. Split up your workout sessions into 10-minute stints and you will still get great results.
3. Walk – a heart pounding session in the gym isn’t the only way to get a worthy workout. Kickstart your exercise regime with some walking. This is something you can do at lunchtime, after dinner or whenever you can fit it in. It’s free, it’s stress-relieving and if you walk briskly you’ll elevate your heart rate too.
4. Add more movement – a little more mindfulness can make a whole lot of difference when it comes to exercise. Squeeze in more movement to your day, by taking the stairs, parking on the other side of the car park, doing squats while brushing your teeth or there’s even yoga you can do at your desk! You’d be amazed how much more movement you can pack in when you put your mind to it.
Healthy eating does take a little planning, but ultimately it can save you time, money and your health.
Rather than reaching for quick fix snacks at the office, or grabbing whatever food you can on the move, consider making a weekly food plan.
1. Plan – an hour may seem like a long time to dedicate to food planning, but it’s likely to be significantly less than the time you spend each day, working out what to have for dinner, dashing to the shops for extra items and procrastinating over menus.
Decide what you want for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day for the week ahead, write down all the ingredients and either shop for it online or get it in one swoop from the supermarket.
Keep the list on your fridge and stick to the plan. Feeling organised is one huge step of the wellness journey.
2. Make double – if it’s a meal you know can be frozen, then make double. Pop one in the freezer for another day and there’s a healthy meal that’s taken no extra time out of your schedule.
3. Keep it simple – healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated. There are a multitude of recipes you can whip up without a ton of preparation or a Michelin Star. This five-minute taco recipe proves that.
4. Take a packed lunch – making a packed lunch before you leave the house, or in some cases the night before, can take less time than it takes to stand in a queue and order something. Plus you know exactly what is in it.
If you need some healthy packed lunch ideas check these out.
Lack of quality sleep does more than just make you tired. If you’re consistently getting less than seven to nine hours of sleep a night, it can severely impact your physical and mental health. A major part of your wellness regime needs to be sleep, so your body can repair and you can wake up refreshed and feeling productive.
In order to make this happen there are some things you can do.
1. Go to bed and rise at the same time – keeping the same bedtime and wakeup call, even when it’s the weekend or the holidays, will keep your body clock on track
2. Don’t hit snooze – it feels good for about five minutes but hitting the snooze button does bad things for your body and can leave you feeling groggy for hours afterwards. Don’t allow yourself to drift back into deep sleep – not even for just for a few minutes – and instead push yourself to get out of bed.
3. Turn off screens – those blue light emitting devices, including your TV, smart phone or laptop need to be switched off in plenty of time so you can get sleep. Ideally turn them off an hour or two before you plan to head off to the land of nod. This also means if you wake up in the middle of the night and you can’t go back to sleep, they shouldn’t be your first port of call.
Have a book by your bedside if you’re having trouble sleeping, as reading is far more likely to lead you to good sleep, than checking your emails is.
You can make a marked improvement in your wellbeing with Lumity Morning and Nighttime Supplements and with the new male formula too, men can invest in their wellness with them as well.
It only takes a few seconds to take your morning and nighttime soft gels but taken consistently the results can be long lasting.
Some of the key benefits of the all-natural supplements are:
– Healthy hair, skin and nails,
– Circadian rhythm balance and support
– Healthy bones, muscles and joints
– Reduced fatigue
– More energy
– Immune system support