we wish we could stop the hands of time and keep our bodies young forever,
ageing is just a fact of life. What we can do, is keep our bodies, minds and
skin fit and healthy in order to retain a fresh and youthful glow that radiates
from the inside out. Find out how:
- Keep your face clean – this might sound obvious but bear with us. Washing your face gets rid of the excess dirt and bacteria that can cause irritation and ultimately make skin look and feel worse in the long run. Be sure to use a mild cleanser with a neutral pH and be gentle when rinsing.
- Use moisturiser every day – it’s easy to forget about moisturising but it should be an essential part of your skincare routine. Whether you use a serum, an oil or a lotion, be sure to apply it every morning and every night to retain skin moisture and keep skin looking dewy and plump. The same goes for those with “oily skin” concerns – your skin may actually clear up after applying moisturiser for a few days.
- Limit sun exposure and always wear SPF – we can’t stress enough how important this is. Even on cloudy days, your skin is still exposed to UV rays which can cause sun spots, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and dryness, amongst other things. Whatever age you are, you should never, ever leave home without an SPF.
- Stay hydrated – water is the lifeblood of the skin. Hydrated skin looks firm and supple. Drinking more water also helps to flush away the toxins that would otherwise work to keep skin looking dull and sad.
- Manage stress – this is something that is a constant struggle in our busy, modern world, but it’s vital when it comes to keeping body and mind healthy and happy. For skin, managing stress will help to prevent niggly frown lines from forming as well as help collagen production continue at a normal rate. This helps with skin elasticity, meaning that skin stays looking youthful for longer.