close

How to look beautiful naturally without makeup

-Mar 1, Rachel Richards, Beauty -

Your skincare, hairstyle and make up should make you feel happy and enhance your natural beauty. Here are a few top tips to help you radiate natural beauty

At Lumity, we believe that how you feel inside shows on the outside. Regardless of your size, complexion, colour or style, if you feel confident and happy in your skin, you’ll look beautiful no matter what. Your skincare, hairstyle and make up should make you feel happy and enhance your natural beauty. Here are a few top tips to help you radiate natural beauty:

  1. Smile – smiling is an instant way to light up your face with no effort at all. Not only does it keep your facial muscles firm and tight, it also makes you feel great in yourself. And we all know that a happy mind leads to happy skin.
  2. Feed your soul – at Lumity, we work to the 80/20 diet. In other words, 80% of what you eat should be healthy and nutrient-packed, with the other 20% being whatever you fancy. So, if you fancy a bowl of ice cream every once in a while, that’s OK. Food is for your mind and mood, as well as for your body.
  3. Feed your skin – whilst feeling happy is great for your confidence and self-esteem, your skin will really glow with natural radiance if you feed it the nutrients it needs. Vitamins A, C and E are all great for boosting skin’s appearance and your skin, hair and nails will benefit from a diet that’s high in zinc and selenium too.
  4. Embrace botanical beauty – natural beauty is best maintained using natural ingredients. Some of our favourite skin-boosting botanicals to look out for on ingredients lists include:
    1. Passion Flower Seed Oil
    1. Baobab Seed Oil
    1. Marula Oil
    1. Safflower Seed Oil
    1. Camellia Seed Oil
    1. Meadowfoam Seed Oil
    1. Evening Primrose Oil
    1. Argan Kernel Oil
    1. Kukui Seed Oil
    1. Jojoba Seed Oil
    1. Sesame Seed Oil
    1. Sunflower Seed Oil
    1. Macadamia Seed Oil
    1. Buriti Fruit Oil

Find out more about our Oil Ingredients

How To Look Beautiful Without Makeup

For so many of us, makeup can be an instant confidence booster, helping us to enhance our favourite features and hide any unwanted blemishes. Unfortunately, with so much going on in our busy lives, sometimes the hassle of applying makeup is just too much. Never fear, though! We have some top tips to help you look and feel beautiful without any makeup at all.

  1. Take care of your skin – Perhaps this goes without saying, but ensuring your skin is always in its best condition will make foundation instantly redundant. For picture perfect skin, we’d recommend following this routine:
    1. MORNING: Apply moisturiser and SPF to keep your skin hydrated and protect it from the elements.
    1. NIGHT: Using a gentle cleanser, thoroughly clean the skin, getting rid of the remnants of the day. Double cleansing is an absolute must! After this, apply moisturiser or night cream and get at least 8 hours sleep.
    1. WEEKLY: We recommend exfoliating once a week, to slough off any dead skin cells and keep your skin radiant.
    1. EVERY DAY: Make sure you feed your skin the right vitamins, minerals and nutrients to ensure that it’s getting the best care from the inside out. Make sure you always stay hydrated to keep skin looking plump and supple.
  2. Smile – In the words of Annie “you’re never fully dressed without a smile”. Replace your makeup bag essential with a big grin and you’ll instantly feel less stressed and more confident.
  3. Own it – Even if you hate the feeling of leaving the house without makeup, stand tall and exude confidence. You might have to fake it at first, but you’ll soon find yourself loving your makeup-free look.
  4. Embrace your flaws – we all have flaws; this is what makes us human! Instead of trying to hide your skin flaws away, wear them proudly and remember, they’re not nearly as obvious as you think they are!

Live Well, Feel Beautiful

- SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER -

Contact us

We’re here to help you on your journey to enhanced beauty
and better living. We look forward to hearing from you!

Any questions? Call us on 0800-652-8678 or email help.uk@lumitylife.com