How To Look Good And 10 Years Younger At 50
-Feb 28, Rachel Richards, Beauty -
At Lumity, we believe that age is just a number and all women are beautiful. Whether you’re 25 or 55, your skin just needs the right nutrients, internally and externally, to ensure it stays healthy and glowing for as long as possible. Whilst there’s nothing wrong with embracing your age here are a few tips to keep skin looking young:
- Get active – exercise is important whatever age you are, but it can be especially helpful once you hit your 50s. A regular routine which includes both cardio (running, dancing, anything that gets your heart rate up) and strength training (yoga, Pilates, etc) is the key to getting your blood pumping and staying fit and healthy. Along with shedding any unwanted pounds, your skin will benefit from the increased circulation as it will receive more oxygen and more of the nutrients it needs. All of this will leave your skin glowing and radiant.
- Stress less – we know, this is easier said than done. However, stress is one of the main causes of less-than-perfect skin and can lead to breakouts, rashes and premature wrinkles. Take a moment out of your day to do something that eases your mind. A quick walk, ten minutes of meditation or a few deep breaths should suffice.
- Laugh more – it’s a well-known fact that happy people are instantly more attractive people. Not only will laughing ensure that you radiate positivity to those around you, it’s also scientifically proven to increase your dopamine (the happy hormone) levels so that you’ll feel instantly less stressed.
- Straighten up – standing up straighter will give you an instant aura of confidence and is a quick trick to improving the whole of your appearance.
- Exfoliate – using a gentle chemical exfoliator (like glycolic acid), slough off dead skin cells at least twice a week. This will help to keep your complexion bright as well as help to speed up the cell turnover process which naturally slows as we age.
How To Look Younger At 50
Whatever your age, regular skincare is key to helping your skin look and feel healthy and youthful. Loving the skin you’re in is all about sticking to the right routine and making sure you’re taking care of yourself in the best ways. Regrettably, we can’t stop the hands of time, but we can give a skin the care it needs to stay looking its best. Here are our tips on looking younger naturally, whatever age you are:
- Moisturise daily –whether you prefer an oil, a lotion or a serum the product you use should be applied morning and night and provide the moisture your skin needs to stay supple throughout the day.
- Nourish your skin from the inside – like any other organ, your skin needs to right nutrients to stay healthy and working the way it should. Feed your skin foods that are rich in vitamins A, C and E as well as zinc and selenium and we’re sure you’ll notice a difference.
- Get moving – exercise is important at every age, but as we get older its more important to keep active. Ensure you’re getting your heart rate up with exercise like running or cycling and stay strong with yoga or Pilates. You’ll find that the increased circulation will have your skin glowing and you may even lose unwanted pounds in the process.
- Think about your posture – when it comes to looking younger, confidence is key. Standing up straighter will instantly give you an air of confidence as well as improving your appearance altogether.
- Breathe – we all know how bad stress is for our skin, and yet so few of us do anything to combat it. If you feel yourself getting flustered simply take five minutes to stop, clear your mind and breathe deeply. We can guarantee you’ll feel better for it, and so will your skin.