How to look younger and stay looking young
-Mar 19, Rachel Richards , Beauty -
As a skincare brand, this is a question we’re asked often. As such, we’ve come up with a foolproof routine to help each and every woman look younger, no matter what their skin concern:
- Stay away from harsh ingredients – Ageing skin (or any skin, for that matter) doesn’t need harsh ingredients to keep it healthy. In fact, these can often do more harm than good in the long run. Instead, seek out a gentle cleanser as an everyday solution to keeping your skin healthy and clean.
- Moisturise every day – After cleansing, it’s essential that you moisturise to help your skin retain nutrients and moisture that it needs to stay radiant and plump-looking. Lumity Skin Nutrients Facial Oil provides the balance of nutrients that skin craves to help your skin stay looking its best.
- Don’t underestimate SPF – You should be applying an SPF daily to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. As we age, sun exposure can cause sun spots, wrinkles, dryness and hyperpigmentation, as well as more dangerous conditions like skin cancer.
- Exfoliate weekly – Exfoliating regularly will help to keep new skin cells at the surface, keeping your complexion dewy and radiant. Be careful no to over-exfoliate, though, as this can cause adverse effects. Once a week should be more than enough.
- With makeup, less is more – We’re not saying don’t wear makeup, if that’s how you feel most comfortable. What we are saying is to rein in your use of makeup products. A dab of concealer should be enough to cover any blemishes, a touch of highlighter on your cheekbones will keep your complexion dewy and some blush will add a youthful, rosy glow. Eye-wise, apply eyeliner to your top lids as well as mascara to open up your eyes and use an eyebrow plumper to thicken up thinning brows.
- Keep your teeth and hair healthy – Looking younger isn’t just about your skin. Keeping your teeth and hair in good shape will also help you look younger.
- Dress appropriately – There are so many great fashion blogs for older women, now and there’s no need to try and dress yourself young. Instead, dress for your age, body shape and personal preference.
How To Stay Looking Young
With so many stressors affecting the health of our skin, it can be difficult to keep it looking young, fresh and radiant. However, there are a few ways you can keep your skin looking and feeling youthful:
- Provide the right nutrients – you’ll no doubt have heard that you need to “feed your skin”. What you put in your body is just as important as what you put on your body when it comes to skincare. Some of the best nutrients for skin include: vitamins A, C and E and zinc.
- Destress your mind – whilst this is easier said than done, taking some time to relax and unwind can work wonders for your skin. Simply take 5 minutes to yourself to stop and focus on nothing but your breathing. Just those few minutes will do your skin the world of good when it comes to keeping skin glowing.
- Don’t leave home without applying SPF – when it comes to ways to make skin look younger, there’s nothing more important than sunscreen. UV rays have a habit of causing wrinkles, sun spots, hyperpigmentation and reduced skin elasticity. All of these can add years to your skin’s appearance. Even if it’s cloudy outside, make sure you slather on a good quality SPF to protect your skin from the elements.
- Practice facial yoga – we know it sounds weird, but a few facial exercises every day will tighten up your skin and facial muscles, helping to smooth out any wrinkles and skin niggles.
- Exercise – this is good for mind and body as well as your skin. As you run/ cycle/ swim, you’ll find yourself destressing as the endorphins kick in. This, in turn, is a great way to prevent frown lines from forming.
- Remove make up properly – before you go to bed, make sure all of your make up has been washed away from your skin. Not doing this can cause bacteria to build up causing enlarged pores and other skin concerns. Make sure you follow a nightly regimen of cleanser and moisturising oil, cream or serum to ensure that your skin has the best chance to repair during the night.