How to look younger at 40
-Mar 15, Rachel Richards, Beauty -
Regular skincare is key to helping your skin look and feel healthy, whatever age you are. Achieving the glow you’ve always dreamed of comes down to one thing; sticking to a regular skin- and self-care routine. Whilst we can’t turn back the hands of time, we can share a few of our top tips on getting younger-looking skin.
- It’s all about moisturising – whether you’re an oil, serum or cream fan, moisturising is essential when it comes to reducing fine lines and boosting your complexion. Make moisturiser a central part of your skincare routine to shave years off of your skin’s appearance.
- Smile more – don’t just take it from us. It’s scientifically proven that smiling can increase the levels of dopamine our bodies produce. In other words, the more you smile, the happier you’ll feel. Increased levels of dopamine lead to decreased levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, helping skin to recover from the ageing effects of stress.
- Take care of your eyebrows – this might not be the first thing that springs to mind when it comes to keeping your face youthful, but eyebrows can do incredible things to the way our faces look. Incorporate a little eyebrow plumper to your makeup routine and we promise you’ll see an instant difference!
- Treat your skin to regular facials – this one’s simple; when you’re giving your skin the care it needs, it will thank you with a glowing, youthful-looking complexion.
- Make sure you’re eating enough protein – protein is the backbone for hair, skin and nail health. If you’re running low on protein, you’re likely to notice your hair thinning, your nails becoming brittle and your skin losing its lustre. Make sure you’re eating plenty of healthy, protein-rich foods, like organic salmon and eggs to ensure your skin stays healthy.