Jennifer Garner’s go-to breakfast recipe
-Jun 11, Hannah Hargrave, Nutrition -
If it’s good enough for Jennifer Garner it’s good enough for you! The A-list actress’s go-to breakfast is so healthy, filling and delicious we felt we had to share it.
Porridge doesn’t have to just be a winter warmer, make it the way Jennifer Garner does and you’ll be wanting to eat it day in and day out, rain or shine.
The star whips up the hearty dish in just 10-minutes, which is great for a busy mum-of-three. But we promise you it tastes like it’s taken a lot longer to perfect.
Since it’s packed with wholesome ingredients, from apples to almond and some spices along the way it can pack a punch and kick your day off with an energetic bang.
Here’s how you can replicate Jennifer’s morning meal.
3 cups of water
2 green apples chopped up
1 1/2 cups of oats
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of chopped almonds
Milk and maple syrup are optional
1. Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the apples, porridge oats and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
4. Cover the pan and let the contents stand for 2 minutes.
5. Serve into bowls and sprinkle with the almonds.
6. Add maple syrup, milk or both if desired.